Alongside the ongoing Fortnitemares challenges, Fortnite: Battle Royale players have reached Week 6 in Season 6. The Thursday weekly reset means a whole new batch of weekly challenges to complete. Completing the weekly challenges is crucial to earn Battle Stars and level up your Battle Pass, which in turn will earn you cosmetic items. We have a breakdown of Week 6’s challenges, but if you want to catch up on all the still-active quests from previous weeks, take a gander at our comprehensive Fortnite Season 6 challenge guide.
As always, the challenges are split into two tiers. The free section, available to all, tasks you with placing Chillers in different matches, searching for a Chest in different named locations, and getting three shotgun eliminations.
The higher tier challenges available only to Battle Pass owners give out stars as well. You can get rewards for landing at Shifty Shafts, dealing pickaxe damage, finding sheet music, and elimination with a common weapon. The landing, sheet music, and elimination challenges are all multi-stage quests, so you’ll have other challenges open up after you complete the first phase.
Fortnite Season 6, Week 5 Challenges
- Place Chillers in different matches (3) — 5 Battle Stars
- Search a Chest in different Named Locations (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Shotgun Eliminations (3) — 10 Battle Stars
- Land at Shifty Shafts (Part 1 of 5) — 1 Battle Star
- Deal damage with a pickaxe to opponents (250) — 5 Battle Stars
- Find the Sheet Music in Pleasant Park (Part 1 of 4) — 2 Battle Stars (10 total)
- Elimination with a Common weapon (Part 1 of 5) — 2 Battle Stars (10 total)
If you complete those and still have a hankering for more challenges, you can also take part in the Fortnitemares event. Though ostensibly tied to Halloween, it’s still ongoing for a few more days. You can take on special Fortnitemares challenges to earn the Outlander skin and other cosmetics. Outlander and some of the others are part of a new type of reactive cosmetics which change appearance based on your match performance. You can find out more about the Fortnitemare event and challenges here.